Organizers need P7M more for Sinulog festival

Posted on January 5, 2012

0



WITH nine days to go before the Sinulog grand parade, organizers are still trying to raise about P7 million for various activities.

Ricky Ballesteros said that so far, they have raised 60 to 70 percent of their projected budget of P40 million.

“But we are hopeful we’ll raise the rest because we still have one more week to entertain sponsors and we also have revenues to be collected from the street fair (along Osmena Boulevard),” he said.

Last year’s Sinulog budget was P35 million.

He said they increased the budget to P40 million this year to also accommodate the increase in prizes for Sinulog dance contingents and the subsidy for out-of-town contingents.

Grand champions in the Sinulog-based and Free Interpretation categories will be getting a trophy and P1 million as cash prize while the subsidy for out-of-town contingents from the Cebu city government was increased from P100,000 to P150,000. /Chief of Reporters Doris C. Bongcac
 

Posted in: Uncategorized