Boy electrocuted in Lapu-Lapu hotel

Posted on March 26, 2012

0



A 12-year-old boy was electrocuted within the premises of a resort in barangay Punta Engaño, Lapu-Lapu City.

Police said the boy touched a live wire that was used to cordon off construction materials inside the Shangri-La Resort.

Police said the boy and three other children tried to enter the barracks of  construction firm that had a fence made of laminated sacks.

According to the other three children, the boy made a hole and tried to crawl toward the barracks when he touched the live wire.

The two boys said they heard a spark and saw the boy shaking. The two boys shouted for help. Some people in the barracks cut the main line of the live wire and rescued the boy.

The boy was taken to the Mactan Doctors’ Hospital where attending physicians declared him dead.

One of the boys left the area after the victim was rescued. The other two boys were brought to the Women and Children’s Desk Protection (WCPD) of the Lapu-Lapu City Police Office.

Police said the barracks is owned by Quest-Air Technology Philippines Inc. No one was near the area when the electrocution occurred since there was no work yesterday.

Police said an investigation will be made to find out why there was a live wire in the area.

Myres Llido, duty manager of the resort, said Quest-Air is the contractor doing the wiring works of the resort’s ongoing renovation.

Llido said the resort will conduct its own investigation and will attend to the needs of the victim’s family.

Security guard Meraldo Odias said they didn’t notice the children entered the the resort’s premises./CORRESPONDENT NORMAN V. MENDOZA

Posted in: Uncategorized