Tipolo blaze victims get aid

Posted on April 18, 2012

0



 
SOME of the 48 families displaced by Tuesday’s fire in sitio Basubas, barangay Tipolo in Mandaue City were visited by social workers in a tent mounted near the area.

Fire victims looked for a temporary place to stay and cleared the rubble hoping to rebuild on the site of their razed homes.

No illnesses have been reported so far in the area, said the City Social Welfare Services (CSWS) of Mandaue City headed by Violy Cabada.

Mandaue City Mayor Jonas Cortes said the city will give P10,000 in cash aid each to those who lost their homes and P5,000 for the renters.

Cortes said the burned area will be widened to allow vehicles and fire trucks to pass through during an emergency.

Mandaue City also plans to install more fire hydrants there.

Tuesday’s fire razed 14 houses and damaged two homes.

A grass fire was put out by firefighters in the Mandaue City reclamation area minutes after the Tipolo fire broke out.

Mandaue City Fire Marshal Rogelio Bongabong said the summer heat was a factor in last Tuesday’s fire. /Correspondent Norman V. Mendoza
 

Posted in: Uncategorized