‘Lookout’ doesn’t want to stay in same jail as rob gang leader

Posted on July 18, 2012

0



ONE of the suspects in the armored car robbery in Robinsons Place is asking for a separate detention cell away from Junjun Cabando alias Dionisio Cabatingan, the alleged robbery gang leader.

Rolien Castro, who allegedly served as a lookout in the Sept. 5, 2011 robbery, said he received death threats from Cabando.

Castro, Cabando and his pregnant live-in partner Merly Laguitao were  brought to a Cebu City court for the issuance of a commitment order.

They were later brought to the Cebu City Jail.

The three were charged with robbery with homicide.

A separate complaint for obstruction of justice was also filed against Laguitao after she allegedly help Cabatingan escape.

Castro, Cabatingan and Laguitao were previously charged with frustrated murder in Ozamiz City but Castro’s case was dismissed after an out-of-court settlement was reached with the complainants.

Castro said the dismissal of the  murder case stirred much resentment from Cabando, such that Cabando implicated him in the Cebu City robbery.

Police said they have identified the remaining member of the group who remains at large as a certain Francis.

Chief Insp. Romeo Santander, chief of the City Intelligence Branch said they received tips about the whereabouts of this cohort. /CORRESPONDENTS KATREENA BISNAR WITH CORRESPONDENT CHITO O. ARAGON

Posted in: Uncategorized