Mandaue govt to evict 400 stallholders

Posted on November 21, 2012

0



The Mandaue City government is preparing to evict 400 delinquent public market stallholders for failure to sign their respective lease contracts.

City Legal Officer Giovanni Tianero said they are now accepting new applicants after sending notices of closure to the delinquent stallholders.

Tianero said the stallholders were given until May 31 to secure their contract of lease with the city government and the undertaking for the lease rights but they failed to meet the deadline.

Last month the City Hall served them notices of closure.

“So we made these spaces available to the public and it is a first-come, first-serve basis,” Tianero said.

Authorities may however have to make a forcible eviction as the stallholders are still operating their businesses. A total of 619 vendors were earlier sent ‘Notice for Closure’ for failing to process their requirements in acquiring and using of stalls in new Mandaue public market in sitio Tribunal, barangay Centro. /Correspondent Jucell Marie P. Cuyos

 

Advertisements
Posted in: Uncategorized